On that theme, our challenge this month is to explore the concept of "eye." I'm not going to define it any more than that and I can't wait to see what you do with it!
Sunday, August 25, 2013
September Challenge
Hi everyone! Welcome to the Original Oculus. I wanted to start by explaining why I chose the title of the blog. The word "oculus" means "eye" in Latin. In architecture, an "oculus" is a round opening at the top of a dome and it is used a light source as well as a way of drawing the eye upwards. One of my favorite examples is in the Pantheon, an ancient dome built in Rome during Augustus's reign. I think the creative process is the pursuit of elevation, light, and inspiration with an unique vision and introspection that only each individual can deliver. I'm so excited to see what each of you create and I look forward to being inspired by you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment