Monday, September 30, 2013

Pleasing to the Eye

Since moving into a bare apartment last month, I am learning about how to make my new home "pleasing to the eye". Part of that education has been the importance of color. After looking at maybe hundreds of bathrooms on pinterest and marthastewart.com, I realized that I am drawn to rooms with several shades of the same color and then a nice complimentary accent. 

I decided to test this idea on our bathroom. As you can see, our bathroom counter top is speckled black and gray and the cupboards are a reddish-brown. 


I was worried about choosing a shower curtain and bathmat that would clash with these colors. I decided to add some browns, tans, and white and then bring in a splash of some greens. 


As a side note, I wanted to learn how to take better indoor pictures and I found this website. I am definitely not an expert yet, but I thought I'd share what I learned.

 

1 comment:

  1. I love it Amy! Those are great colors for the a bathroom but that pop of green really makes the space. I like that you kept everything "organic" looking with the tree, natural basket, and floral themed shower curtain. Following a theme is an important part of design as well. I can't wait to see the rest of the house! Great way to apply the monthly theme "outside of the box."

    ReplyDelete