Spring is a time of renewal; nature takes what was once dead and dormant and recycles it into something vibrant and alive. There is something about Spring that makes us want to shake out the dust and clean out the cobwebs. I was going through a closet and came across a top and a skirt that I had somehow clumsily torn. Unable to repair them for my use I decided they would make great clothes for a baby or small child. With a little planning, brave scissor cutting, and some basic sewing I was able to remake my torn clothes into two new dresses for Ellie as well as a skirt, and a dress for Violet too when we see her at Easter. It was exciting to see something that was once lost be found but found again in a new form.
My creative challenge for this next month is to remake something. It doesn't need to be clothes; think of a space that needs a new organization flow or a recipe that needs a modern touch. Perhaps it's time to change out a fixture or rethink how to use a furniture piece. Maybe you want to remake something about yourself. Whatever it is I can't wait to see it! Let's try to share by the end of the month if you feel thus inspired.
Happy Creating!
 |
| Ellie is working on her somber model look inspired by the blustery weather. |
No comments:
Post a Comment