Monday, February 3, 2014

"My adventure in Frost" by Debra Stevenson

FROST 

Frost is such an interesting word and one that I have been thinking about for the last couple of winter months.   My Frost adventure started out for me with going to see the movie Frozen.  What a beautiful and fun movie and how it made me realize how beautiful this frozen tundra that we live in can be.  What funner way to get started than by going to the North Pole on the Polar Express!
Our ward Christmas party was a fun adventure for the kids in all of us as we went to the North Pole by the Polar Express. The Brown's and the Baird's used their magic touch to turn the cultural hall into the  magic frozen north pole.

I got to serve up many yummy frosting treats in the North pole bakery shop with candy, gingerbread house, a north pole train and of course, jars of pickles!  It was a fun way to begin the season and make it through the cold winter nights.
 Along the Wasatch Front, we have the unfortunate inversions that come with our winter area.  One week was particularly bad and I was having a hard time seeing any good or beauty in it at all.  One night it was extremely cold and we had an unusual bank of fog along with the smuck.  It was kind of eeeiry but kind of mystical all at the same time.  I woke up in the morning and to my delight the whole scene of my back yard had literally been frosted.  Every branch, every rooftop, every tree, every fence had been literally FROSTED!  It was gorgeous!  My breath was taken away as the sun came out and hit this sugary wonderland.  I could not move until I got my senses about me and ran and got the camera to capture it the best I could.  So these are those pictures of what we think are even the worst of times and what mother nature can do with her amazing frosting abilities.  Enjoy
The view as the sun came out.




If you look really close you can see the effects of the frost as a little breeze hits the trees.  It was like the snow fairies were shaking their magical bottles of diamond like glitter.  Sometimes it is hard to capture everything on a picture but I did my best to capture the magic of the moment but it will be forever in my mind of how beautiful Frost can be.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, these pictures are beautiful! Thank you giving me a piece of beautiful Fruit Heights to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Mom!!! I have so many favorites but the last one is just amazing! I love the way that you captured the light with the snow. Without the light it wouldn't be nearly so beautiful. I love it! It was fun to see it contrasted with the pictures of your ward activity as well. :) Frost in two ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! I am also super impressed by your ward party! It looks like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete