Violet and I decided to take on the theme of "frost" together. Lately making cookies has been Violet's most favorite activity, one she begs me to do on a daily basis. On Christmas Eve we made a big batch of sugar cookies (thanks Katie for sending the recipe). We actually didn't have time to actually bake the cookies on Christmas Eve so the dough lived in our freezer for a month. One cold day I decided to teach Violet the art of FROSTING. We whipped up a butter cream frosting recipe and then had fun turning it bright pink, green, and of course violet. :) Violet picked a "cookie man" (as she calls them) first and had fun spreading on pink frosting. She then chose some brightly colored sprinkles to adorn this creation. I poured a little pile of sprinkles on her plate so she could put them on a few at a time by hand. She did this for a bit and once she was satisfied she started licking the sugar particles from her fingers. Soon she was more excited about the sprinkles than anything. I ended up doing most of the frosting work, although she did pick out the color of frosting and the sprinkles. Finally, after she couldn't take it any longer, I allowed her to sample a tiny frosted and sprinkled star cookie. She didn't quite get the concept of enjoying the frosting and cookie in one bite and first licked off all the frosting and then gobbled up the cookie. She was very a happy (and hyper) camper for the rest of the day. Since then, on a daily, and sometimes it feels like hourly, basis Violet will say "make cookie dough!?" followed by "put sprinkles on it!?" I think she is a fan of baking, frosting, and eating cookies. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...
 |
| Frosting -- purple, pink, green, and white |
 |
| Deciding the next cookie to frost... |
 |
| Cookie man and stars... |
 |
| One happy camper |
What an adorable project!! I love you two so much! ;)
ReplyDeleteYummy! So cute!!!
ReplyDelete